Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
PMKVY is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme of the new Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). This skill certification and reward scheme aims to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood. Under the scheme, monetary reward would be provided to trainees who are successfully trained, assessed and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers. This will boost the productivity of the country’s workforce by enabling them to acquire high quality skill training across a range of sectors. It will also bring about a paradigm shift from input-based to outcome-based skill training in the country. It also seeks to significantly scale up skill training activities in the country and enable skill training to happen at a fast pace without compromising quality. Institutional arrangements comprising of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Sector Skill Councils (SSCs), Assessing agencies and Training Partners are already in place for implementation of the scheme.
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills Enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average of Rs. 8,000 per candidate.
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning): Under PMKVY, trainees with prior experience or skills and competencies will be assessed and they will also be given monetary rewards at an average of Rs. 2250/- for undergoing assessments. This will be an important step towards recognizing the skills possessed by workers working in the informal sector and their inclusion. This will also facilitate the process of skill up gradation and re-skilling of the existing workforce.
- With 10 Lakh Fresh Training and 14 Lakh RPL, this scheme is going to benefit 24 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of Rs. 1,500 Crores.
Eligibility Criteria of Beneficiaries
In line with the objectives stated above, this Scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who:
- Undergoes a skill development training in an eligible sector by an authorized training provider.
- Is certified during the span of one year from the date of launch of the scheme by approved assessment agencies as defined above.
- Is availing of this monetary award for the first and only time during the operation of this Scheme.
- Any other criteria as defined by the Sector Skill Councils for respective job roles.
|1 & 2||Technical||1200||7500|
|1 & 2||Service||800||5000|
|3 & 4||Technical||1200||10000|
|1 & 2||Service||800||7500|
In PMKVY scheme, student gets a reward of Rs. 5,000 – 10,000 based on the course selected. This reward amount can be used to pay the course fee to the Training Partner.
Eligibility Criteria of Beneficiaries
- Candidates can enroll in any course from the list of below mentioned courses in specified sectors.
- Candidates will be required to provide the Aadhaar number at the time of enrolment. In the case of Aadhaar number not available, Sebiz Infotech Ltd will facilitate the enrolment of the candidates for Aadhaar.
- After completion of training, the candidate will be assessed by one of the Assessment agencies approved by the respective SSC.
- Sector Skill Council will award a secure certificate with a QR bar code on successful completion of assessment process.
- After successful meeting of all the eligibility criteria as specified above, the candidate will receive the monetary reward directly to their bank account.
- In order to enable the financially disadvantages to avail the benefits of the scheme, the training providers will allow candidate to undertake the training without payment of course fee. However, candidate will be required to pay minimum assessment fee, which will ensure the candidate has a sustained interest in completion of the course. In case where the candidate undertakes training on credit, candidate need to open an account in the bank suggested by SEBIZ & sign an auto debit form stating that the due training fee will be reimbursed by the candidate to SEBIZ upon receiving the reward money from NSDC.
- Once the monetary reward is given under the Scheme, he/she will not be eligible to receive any further monetary reward under this Scheme.
S.E-Biz Infotech Ltd, is one of the authorized Training Partner under PMKVY for below mentioned various Sectors/Job roles.
|SSC (Sector)||Job Role||QP Code||Level||Min. Qualification|
|TELECOM||Customer Care Executive (Call Center)||TEL/Q0100||4||10+2|
|Customer Care Executive (Repair Center)||TEL/Q2200||4||10+2|
|In Store Promoter||TEL/Q2101||4||10+2|
|IT/ITES||CRM Domestic Voice||SSC/Q2210||4||SSC/Q2212|
|Data Entry Operator-Domestic||SSC/Q2212||4||SSC/Q2212|
|Store Ops Assistant||RAS/Q0101||1||NA|
|TOURISM||Customer Service Executive (Meet and Greet)||THC/Q0101||3||NA|